Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas in Our Hearts





I've noticed that in the US the holidays are not as celebrated as in the Philippines. I'm not talking about the christmas trees and lights and big sales at the stores. In that respect nothing beats New York during the holidays. I've never seen a more colorful city during that holidays than New York. It really is a beautiful city during Christmas. Where the Philippines beats holiday celebrations is on the personal level. People in the Philippines really take in the holiday spirit. There is a happyness in the people during the holiday season that is not present other times. Dancing, singing, eating and just being merry is seen in every household. Maybe it's that here in New York you don't know most of your neighbors. I hope one day I can install the holiday spirit on all my neighbors and relatives so it will be a Christmas I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment