Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Halloweeny 2k10



Happy Halloween everyone! Halloween is a strange but fun holiday. Back in the Philippines we don't celebrate Halloween. The closes we have is All Saint's Day and All Souls Day on November 1 and 2 and they are nothing like Halloween. On these two days we go to a cemetary and church to pray for our relatives that are no longer with us. But here on Halloween kids get to wear cool costumes and go around asking for candy. This year was my first year Tricker Treating! My husband and I took our son who was dressed as a Lion around our neighborhood. Most of the candy we got my son will never get to enjoy since he is too young. But I have to say I had a great time tricker treating.  Now Halloween for adults here is a little different. Adults don't go around asking for candy. Instead they get dressed up and go drinking from bar to bar or party to party. I guess what's so great about Halloween is that for one day you don't have to be yourself. You can be anyone or anything and it's ok and fun. I already started thinking on my costume for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment