Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Day 2010





Happy Turkey day everyone! Did you know the First Thanksgiving was celebrated to give thanks to God for helping the Pilgrims of Plymouth Colony survive their first brutal winter in New England around the year 1620. The first Thanksgiving feast lasted three days, providing enough food for 53 pilgrims and 90 Native Americans. So our thanksgiving dinner did not last three days but the left overs sure did. My wonderful mother in law (in the picture) and her sister cooked TWO turkeys. Can you say GOBBLE GOBBLE? The turkeys may looked burned but they were not. The meat was very tender and juicy. Now I love eating but there is only so much turkey I can eat. Thankfully my husband and his brother who was in town have a huge appetite. So on this Thanksgiving day I want to give thanks to God for all my blessing and thank you the reader for letting me share this day with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment